Tax Year 2017 Tax Forms

Prepare and eFile your current year taxes by Tax Day, April 15 following a tax year or until October 15 after the April deadline. If you owe taxes, you should e-file by April 15 as you otherwise would be subject to late filing fees. If you missed this deadline, e-file your returns as soon as you can to reduce any penalties or fees. Tip: File Something - return or extension - by April 15 even If You Can't Pay Anything!

We at eFile offer free online tax forms for federal and state that you can fill in. You can no longer e-file a 2017 Federal or State Tax Return; the time to claim a 2017 tax refund has passed. Click on any of the forms below and you can complete and sign them online. When completed, select one of the save options. Don't want to handle any complicated IRS and state tax forms? We hear you! File your returns online each year in the tax season they are due as you can only e-file present year returns. Use to file your federal and state returns together so you never have to fill in any forms or mail anything - eFileIT now.

File A 2017 Return Today

Tax Year

In order to file a 2017 IRS Tax Return, follow these simple steps to fill out your 2017 Tax Forms online for free:

  1. Start with the 2017 Calculators to get an idea of your 2017 Taxes.
  2. Select the applicable forms below and open them in the editor. Tip: All individual income returns are reported on the Form 1040, so you will need this.
  3. Complete, save, sign, download, and print the forms.
  4. Mail your completed 2017 Forms to the mailing address listed on the Form 1040 instructions.
  5. To file 2017 State Taxes, select your state(s), click on any of the state form links, then complete, sign the form online, and select one of the save options. Print and mail these forms to your state, not the IRS. Tip: States have a certain tax form like the federal Form 1040 that is the first page of all state returns.
  6. e-File your current year return so you do not have to handle paper forms - you can file your presently due taxes regardless of when you file back taxes.

Note: The date to claim a tax refund from a 2017 return has passed; your refund can no longer be claimed. To avoid this, e-File your return online each year when it is due so you do not surrender your refund. Furthermore, adjust your tax withholding via Form W-4 so you do not have to rely on a tax refund to get money that is rightfully yours.

Need to change or amend a 2017 Federal Income Tax Return or State Return? Complete and sign IRS Tax Amendment Form 1040X online and mail it to the address on the form with the rest of your amended return. Pick one or more states and complete and sign the associated state tax amendment form(s) online and mail them to the address on the form.

Do you owe 2017 Taxes to the IRS? If so, estimate potential late filing and/or late payment penalties. Tip: File as soon as possible - and pay as much or little as you can afford - so you reduce or eliminate your late filing penalties as late filing penalties are higher than late payment penalties.

Find ways to pay your taxes even if you don't have the funds now. See IRS tax return mailing addresses based on the state you reside. The state mailing address is on the state income tax form.

See tax forms for other years and review tax planning tips for future years that help you balance your taxes.

2017 Federal Income Tax Forms

The forms below can be opened in an online editor. Fill them in before you sign, print, and mail them to the IRS. Make things easier on yourself: file your currently due tax return online each year on With eFile, you do not have to handle any complicated tax forms - we do the hard work for you. Sign up here!

2017 Tax Tables
Installment Agreement
Collection Information Statement
Offer in Compromise Booklet
Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness
Standard Individual Income Tax Return
1040 Instructions
Individual Income Tax Return
Itemized Deductions 
Interest and Ordinary Dividends
Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship)
Net Profit from Business (Sole Proprietorship)
Capital Gains and Losses
Supplemental Income and Loss
Earned Income Tax Credit
Profit or Loss from Farming
Household Employment Taxes
Income Averaging for Farmers and Fisherman
Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
Self-Employment Tax
U.S. Departing Alien Income Tax Return
Estimated Tax for Individuals
U.S. Estimated Tax for Nonresident Alien Individuals
Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with No Dependents
U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return
Tax Return for Certain Nonresident Aliens with No Dependents
Payment Voucher
Tax Amendment - Amend Your Individual Income Tax Return
Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
Annual Withholding Tax Return for U.S. Source Income of Foreign Persons
Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
Net Profit from Business (Sole Proprietorship)
Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
Health Insurance Coverage
Health Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
Mortgage Interest Statement
Tuition and Education Expenses
Cancelation of Debt
Unemployment Compensation and All Other Government Grants
Interest Income for Schedule B
Miscellaneous Income
Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
Foreign Tax Credit
Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer
Employee Business Expenses
Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses
Multiple Support Declaration
Underpayment of Estimated Tax
Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Farmers and Fisherman
Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return For U.S. Citizens and Resident Alien Abroad
Child and Dependent Care Expenses
Foreign Earned Income
Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts
Foreign Annual Information Return of Foreign Trust with a U.S. Owner
General Business Credit
Moving Expenses
Information Referral
Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels
Social Security and Medicare Tax on Unreported Tip Income
Recapture of Investment Credit
Request for Copy of Tax Return
Request for Transcript of Tax Return
Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript
Depreciation and Amortization
Casualties and Thefts
Sales of Business Property
Farm Rental Income and Expenses
Substitute for Form W-2
Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Investment Interest Expense Deduction
Tax on Accumulation Distributions of Trusts
Tax on Lump-Sum Distributions
Allocation of Individual Income Tax to Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Coverdell Education Savings Trust Account
Coverdell Education Savings Custodial Account
Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
First-Time Homebuyer Credit and Repayment of the Credit
Work Opportunity Credit
Computation of Deductible Loss
Alternative Minimum Tax
Investment Sale Income
Biofuel Producer Credit
Gains/Losses on Contracts & Straddles
Noncash Charitable Contributions
U.S. Withholding Tax Return for Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests
Statement of Withholding on Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests
Application for Withholding Certificate for Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests
Release of Claim to Exemption for Child by Custodial Parent
Injured Spouse Allocation
Mortgage Interest Credit
Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Nondeductible IRAS
Low-Income Housing Credit Allocation
Tax For Certain Children Who Have Unearned Income
Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax
Child Tax Credit
Credit Parents' Election to Report Child's Interest and Dividends
Exclusion of Interest from Series EE Bonds
Orphan Drug Credit
Change of Address
Like-Kind Exchanges
Disabled Access Credit
Recapture of Federal Mortgage Subsidy
Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
Qualified Adoption Expenses
Closer Connection Exception Statement for Aliens
Empowerment Zone Credit
Indian Employment Credit
Employer SS and Medicare Taxes Paid on Certain Employees
Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Credit
Archer MSAs and Long-Term Care Insurance Contacts
Request for Innocent Spouse Relief
District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit
Information To Claim Earned Income Credit After Disallowance
Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits)
Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Fuels Credit
Return of U.S. Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships
Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
IRS e-file Signature Authorization
Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions
Employee Pension Plan
Employee Child Care
Allocation of Refund
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Domestic Production Activities Deduction
Credit to Holders of Tax Credit Bonds
Tuition and Fees Deduction
Uncollected Social Security and Medicare Tax on Wages
Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
Allocation of Tax Amounts Between Certain Individuals in Community Property States
Additional Medicare Tax
Net Investment Income Tax
Premium Tax Credit
Health Coverage Exemptions
Installment Agreement Request
Request for a Collection Due Process or Equivalent Hearing
Request for Appeal of Offer in Compromise
Application for Reduced User Fee for Installment Agreements
Application for Fast Track Settlement
Identity Theft Affidavit
Wage and Tax Statement
Certain Gambling Winnings
You should only use Form W-4 for the current tax year (the 2017 W-4 is no longer relevant). Submit the new W-4 form to only your employer, not the IRS.
Application for ITIN-Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
Application for Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending U.S. Adoption
Certificate of Accuracy for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

Back Tax Forms and Calculators

For a bit of history a list on historic 1040 Federal Tax Forms since 1913 - most likely very little need to mail them in at this point!

Do you need a break from doing your taxes? Enter to Tax Win or just listen to the eFile Less Taxing Song and ReTax!