TurboTax®, H&R Block® or eFile.com Taxpert®?
Just like all apples are not created equally, not all online Tax Preparation Services are created equally either. Where should you prepare and electronically file your taxes for 2021 in 2022?
Don't Get TurboCharged in 2022 - Details.
Taxes can be confusing, overwhelming, and even intimidating - but selecting an online tax preparation service shouldn't be. So many choices, so little time: eFile.com vs. H&R Block® vs. TurboTax®. Once you have reviewed the comparisons below, the choice is easy!
With the eFile.com Auto-Tax-Form-Select Tool, you never have to worry which tax service level (Free, Deluxe, or Premium) to select before you start preparing and filing your taxes. One less thing to worry about! Your tax service level will be automatically up- or downgraded after you started with a different level if applicable, unlike with H&R Block® and TurboTax®, who will try to charge and upgrade you. See how much "free" tax services actually are.
Simply click any eFile.com Start Button and we will do the rest for you. We will select the legally correct - and least expensive - tax forms for you based on the information you enter. You can have peace of mind knowing that you get the tax forms that will guarantee you the highest possible tax refund - or lowest taxes due payment - at the lowest possible price.
Service, Price Comparisons
See how eFile.com compares. You will get more for less. Learn more about each of the eFile.com Tax Preparation Services. eFile offers a great percentage of savings as well as a flat rate for any amount of state tax returns, compared to others who charge per return in addition to an early e-file fee.
Lowest Service Prices
Lowest State Return Prices
Lowest Deduct From Refund Fee
Online Tax Preparation Feature Comparisons
The comparison chart below shows you that eFile.com offers a better value with more benefits. Compare each eFile.com Tax Preparation Services Package in more detail.
Auto Service/Price Downgrade
No Service/Price Upgrade Pressure
Unlimited State Returns for One Low Price
Service Price Match Guarantee
Lowest Deduct From Refund Fee
Lowest Bank Deposit Processing Fee
Refund Deposited to Account Instead of a Card with Fees
All Packages Start for Free
Import Prior Year Information (All Packages)
100% Calculation Accuracy Guarantee
More Tax Service Comparison
- See detailed eFile.com Tax Service Features.
- Only eFile.com offers Meet n' Beat: If you find a lower online tax preparation fee for the exact same service, we will not only meet this price, but also beat it!* Simply contact us about your "Meet 'n Beat" price. Note: Competitor's price must be presented before payment on eFile.com. Meet n' Beat does not apply in retrospective.
- We do not share or sell your data. Your personal data is only used to prepare and eFile your taxes. Other sites might use your data to not only sell you other financial services but might even sell your tax data. Not on eFile.com! Read how eFile.com ensures security on our site and review how we keep your information private
Taxpayer Feedback From OTHER Sites
The feedback below was posted by taxpayers about other tax preparation sites. These comments are not about eFile.com, but from experiences users had on other online tax preparation sites.
- The service on this other non eFile.com site ******* is convenient, but you really have to read the fine print when selection options. There are so many parts in the process where they try to nickle and dime & trick you into paying more money when you don't need to: "Donate" here, "Upgrade" this or "conveniently" get your money into an account that isn't actually your own bank account. Also, no way to go back and redo payment options. They really want to milk you dry at every point possible. Posted on Jan. 16, 2022.
- I generally like ******, however I accidentally clicked the upgrade version and was unable to revert to the free version no matter what I tried. It was completely useless because I cannot itemize and the use the standard deduction. Now, I have paid over $100 for no reason at all other than the fact that this company make it completely impossible to return to the free version of their software. Posted on Oct. 16, 2021.
- Keep adding fees, then wouldn't let me take anything off unless I started all over again. Posted on Jan. 16, 2022.
- I've been with ***** since 2008, but I'm not sure I'll be using this service in the future, unless these issues are addressed. I ended up needing the Deluxe package, which is $60 (not a big deal). After finishing your Federal Taxes, however it asks if you'd like to transfer the information you've already input in your Federal Taxes over to your State Taxes. This should be included in the Deluxe Package, but it is actually an extra $50, which nearly doubles the cost. If you added this feature and decide you want to remove it, it's too late; you're required to "clear all forms and start over". This is true for any package changes as well. You are allowed to upgrade, but need to start over for a downgrade. TL; DR: I was strong-armed into upgrades without the possibility to downgrades. Posted May 17, 2021.
- I accidentally selected the upgrade to more expensive version of *****. I did not mean to do this, because based on my return, it could have been free or a cheaper version. I was not able to downgrade once I had selected this more expensive version, so I had to give up over $100 of my return. Posted June 9, 2015.
- ***** promotes free file, but once you take the first steps in filing its screen after screen after screen of upgrade by paying $XX, upgrade more by paying $XXX, free file was still an option right up till the end when they said my taxes couldn't be filed for free, no longer free option or any way to back up tot he point "I used a payment upgrade" that I never wanted, capitalism at its worst, a new higher paywall at every step. Posted October 12, 2021..
Important: eFile.com will only upgrade you if you are legally required to add certain schedules or forms. At the same time, only eFile.com will downgrade you to the Free Federal Edition if you don't need the schedules or forms associated with Deluxe or Premium. TurboTax® or H&R Block® will not downgrade you.
See the feedback other eFilers have provided for you to read. Then, read how the eFile app works and begin preparing for the 2021 Tax Return due April 18, 2022.
1) Based on IRS e-File Tax Report.
2) Service Name Based on data collected in January, 2022. Subject to change without notice. *Prices vary for Basic, Premier, and Self-Employed. H&R Block® At Home is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc. TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
3) eFile.com Savings - the percentage ranges of online tax preparation fees you could save based on prices listed as of January, 2022.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.