How Much are Free Tax Returns?
Were you ever TurboCharged, TurboTaxed, or TurboUpgraded? Not so on eFile.com, you can start with any service (Free, Deluxe, or Premium), as you will automatically get the Free Federal Edition if you qualify based on your tax Interview questions. For all paid services, eFile.com is up to 60% less than the Turbos or Blocks out there: Dare To Compare Now. Plus, on eFile.com, you will have your own personal Taxpert support page, where you can post personal, specific tax questions or tax return questions.
On some credit card related sites, if you file your taxes there, your tax information will be used to solicit credit cards, loans, etc. to you. On eFile.com, your tax data is only used for your tax return(s). Period! We do not solicit any other products nor do we share your data with anybody but the IRS. See how eFile practices advanced security and keeps your data safe.
For more complicated returns, the Deluxe or Premium version will be applied based on the answers you provide during the tax interview. However, only on eFile.com will you be automatically downgraded should your tax data change and you qualify for the Free Federal Edition. Other websites will do the opposite; upgrade yes, downgrade no: at H&R Block® or TurboTax®, you will not be downgraded to a free return if you start with one of their paid services2).
Don't feel like reading? Just click the audio below and listen to Tess.
Here is a promo coupon or discount code just for you. Should you not qualify for the Free eFile.com Edition and have a more complicated tax return that requires the Deluxe or Premium version, we would like to invite you with the special 25% off discount promotion below.
The 2022 Season eFile.com 25% Off Promo Code: get25now
Simply enter get25now during checkout in the Promo Code field at eFile.com.
Dare to Compare!
- The Federal Edition is Free (including free e-filing) on eFile.com. Here's a detailed comparison of the eFile.com tax services.
- The difference between eFile.com and sites like TurboTax® or H&R Block® is that eFile.com will also DOWNGRADE you should you start with a paid version (e.g. Deluxe or Premium). TurboTax® or H&R Block® will NOT DOWNGRADE 2) you, but only pressure you to upgrade if you started with their free version. Dare to Compare eFile.com with other services.
- Ask yourself this question: can sites like eFile.com, H&R Block®, or TurboTax® pay their employees with exclusively free tax returns? Of course not, employees don't work for free. Super Bowl ads by H&R Block® or TurboTax® are not free either.
- Furthermore, you might find tax preparation sites - whose main business is promoting credit cards - will use your tax data to promote loans, credit cards, etc. to you based on your tax information. Do question the safety and security of your tax data in that case.
On eFile.com, your Tax Data is Only Used For Your Tax Return(s). Period!
With eFile.com, you will have your own Personal Taxpert Support Page. There you can discuss important tax questions with a Taxpert, plus your entire support history will be stored in one central place. Sign up with eFile.com and let's get started on your 2021 Tax Return.
How Does Free Work
Except for eFile.com, if you sign up with the free option at H&R Block®, TurboTax®, or credit card based tax preparation sites, you will soon find out that you are bombarded with "suggestions" to upgrade every step of the way. These are often accompanied by promises of better service or a bigger refund... if only you upgrade to one of the paid service options. Or, in the case of credit card companies who provide tax return services, they might soon flood you with credit card offers based on your tax return information.
You may be told:
- "Upgrade now and you will get more help."
- "Upgrade now and you will get your maximum refund."
- "There is a better version for your tax return, upgrade now!"
- "Upgrade now and find out how much your refund really could be!"
- "Get instant, faster help if you upgrade now."
- "Buy the Deduction Finder and we will maximize your deductions."
The list of empty promises is endless...
eFile.com will only upgrade you if you are legally required to add certain schedules or forms. At the same time, only eFile.com will downgrade you to the Free Federal Edition if you don't need the schedules or forms associated with Deluxe or Premium. TurboTax® or H&R Block® will not downgrade you.
See the feedback other eFilers have provided for you to read. Then, read how the eFile app works and begin preparing for the 2021 Tax Return due April 18, 2022.
1) As of December 2020 according to the IRS e-File Tax Report
2) As of October 2021. Subject to change without notice. H&R Block® At Home is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc. TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.