Kentucky Income Taxes
"The Bluegrass State"
Prepare and e-File your current tax year Kentucky state tax return - resident, nonresident, or part-year resident returns - with your IRS return via eFile.com.
- State return only regulations*): Per IRS and Kentucky state tax agency regulation - not eFile.com - you can NOT just prepare and e-file a state return (with the exception of California) without also e-filing the IRS return on the same platform. If you have filed your federal return already, you can prepare a Kentucky state return on eFile.com and then download, print, and sign the return before you mail it in. See instructions on ONLY preparing a Kentucky and/or other state tax return.
- File your KY and IRS returns online so you do not have to worry about mailing anything.
KY Tax Help and Resources
Kentucky State Income Tax Rate: 5%
Prepare only a KY state return without an IRS return.
Where Is Your IRS Refund?
Kentucky Income Tax Extension
Kentucky Income Tax Amendment
Kentucky, IRS Late Filing, Tax Payment Penalties
1. Late Filing Penalty: The penalty is 2% of the total taxes owed for every 30 days or fraction of that time that a return is filed after the tax return deadline. The maximum penalty is 20% of the taxes owed amount.
3. IRS Penalties:
2. Late Payment Penalty: The penalty is 2% of the total taxes owed for every 30 days or fraction of that time that the payment is submitted after the tax return deadline. The maximum penalty is 20% of the taxes owed amount that is not withheld, collect, or paid on time. There is a $10 minimum penalty.
Calculate and estimate your potential IRS income tax return penalties
Kentucky Income Tax Brackets
Kentucky Income Tax Forms
Kentucky Marriage Penalty
Start Federal and Kentucky Tax Returns
e-File These Current Kentucky State Tax Forms
Prepare and e-file these state forms for current tax year in conjunction with your federal and state income tax return. As you proceed through the tax interview on eFile.com, the application will select the correct state forms for you. You can also select tax forms individually. All these forms will then be e-filed by you to the state tax agency. See instructions on how to only prepare a state income tax return.
740-ES - Kentucky Individual Income Tax Estimated Tax Voucher
K-4 - Kentucky State Tax Withholding Exemption Certificate
740 - Kentucky Individual Income Tax Return Full-Year Residents
740-NP - Kentucky Individual Income Tax Return Nonresident or Part-Year Resident
740-V - Kentucky Individual Payment Voucher
740EXT - Kentucky Application for Extension of Time to File
8863-K - Kentucky Education Tuition Tax Credit
* Due to IRS and state tax agency data sharing and validation requirements, you can only e-file a state income tax return while also e-filing a federal income tax return. This is not an eFile.com created policy, but a federally regulated one which all online tax filing websites have to adhere to. You can, however, prepare all 44 state income tax returns on eFile.com if you have already e-filed or filed your IRS return. View instructions on how you can ONLY prepare and file state income tax return(s). Only on eFile.com can you prepare and file or e-file unlimited state tax returns for one low price and not pay for each state return like you would do on H&R Block® vs. TurboTax®. Dare to compare now.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.