Rhode Island Income Taxes and RI State Tax Forms
"The Ocean State"
Prepare and e-File your current Rhode Island State Tax return - resident, nonresident, or part-year resident returns - with your IRS return via eFile.com.
- State return only regulations*): Per IRS and Rhode Island state tax agency regulation - not eFile.com - you can NOT just prepare and e-File a state return (with the exception of California) without also eFiling the IRS return on the same platform. If you have filed your federal return already, you can prepare a Rhode Island state return on eFile.com and then download, print, and sign the return before you mail it in. Instructions on ONLY preparing and not e-Filing Rhode Island and/or other state tax returns.
Rhode Island State Income Tax Rate: 5.99%
Prepare only a RI State Return without an IRS return. Details
Where Is Your Rhode Island Tax Refund Money?
Where is Your IRS Refund?
Rhode Island Income Tax Extension
Rhode Island Income Tax Amendment
Rhode Island IRS Late Filing, Tax Payment Penalties
1. Late Filing Penalty:There is only a late payment penalty as detailed below.
2. Late Payment Penalty: A delinquent penalty is charged when at least 90% of the tax is not paid by the deadline. The penalty amounts to 5%. A one-time 5% delinquent penalty and interest accruing at 1.25% per month will be charged on any taxes owed not paid by the original tax return due date.
3. IRS Penalties: Calculate and Estimate your potential IRS Income Tax Return Penalties.
Rhode Island Income Tax Brackets
Rhode Island Income Tax Forms
Rhode Island Income Tax Code
Rhode Island Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment benefits is fully taxed in Rhode Island.
Rhode Island Marriage Penalty
Start Federal and Rhode Island Tax Returns
E-File These Current Rhode Island State Tax Forms
Prepare and e-file these state forms for current tax year in conjunction with your federal and state income tax return. As you proceed through the tax interview on eFile.com, the application will select the correct state forms for you. You can also select tax forms individually. All these forms will then be e-filed by you to the state tax agency. Instructions on how to only prepare a state income tax return.
Ri W-4 - Rhode Island Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
RI-1040ES - Rhode Island Resident and Nonresident Estimated Payment Coupons
RI-1310 - Rhode Island Statement of Claimant to Refund Due - Deceased Taxpayer
RI Schedule II - Full Year Nonresident Tax Calculation
RI Schedule III - Part-year Resident Tax Calculation
RI Schedule M - RI Modifications to Federal AGI
RI-1040 - Rhode Island Resident Individual Income Tax Return
RI-1040H - Rhode Island Property Tax Relief Claim
RI-1040MU - Credit for Income Taxes Paid to Multiple States
RI-1040NR - Rhode Island Nonresident Individual Income Tax Return
RI-1040V - Rhode Island Return Payment Voucher
RI-2210 - Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates
RI-4868 - Rhode Island Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File a Rhode Island Individual Income Tax Return
* Due to IRS and State Tax Agency tax data sharing and validation requirements, you can only e-file a State Income Tax Return while also e-filing a Federal Income Tax Return. This is not an eFile.com created policy, but all online tax web sites have to adhere to this IRS/state issued tax data sharing policy. You can however prepare all 44 State Income Tax Returns on eFile.com if you have already e-Filed or filed your IRS return. Instructions on how you can ONLY prepare and file State Income Tax Return(s). Only on eFile.com can you prepare, file or e-file unlimited State Tax Returns for one low price and not pay for each State return like you would do on H&R Block® vs. TurboTax®. Dare to Compare Now.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.