Ohio Income Taxes and OH State Tax
"The Buckeye State"
Prepare and e-File your current Ohio State Tax return - resident, nonresident, or part-year resident returns - with your IRS return via eFile.com.
- State return only regulations*): Per IRS and Ohio state tax agency regulation - not eFile.com - you can NOT just prepare and e-File a state return (with the exception of California) without also eFiling the IRS return on the same platform. If you have filed your federal return already, you can prepare an Ohio state return on eFile.com and then download, print, and sign the return before you mail it in. Instructions on ONLY preparing and not e-Filing Ohio and/or other state tax returns.
Ohio State Income Tax Rate: 3.990%
Prepare only an OH State Return
Where is Your IRS Refund?
Ohio Income Tax Extension
Ohio Income Tax Amendment
Ohio, IRS Late Filing, Tax Payment Penalties
1. Late Filing Penalty: For each month your tax return is filed after the April 15 deadline, you are charged a $50 late filing penalty or 10% of your taxes owed (whichever amount is greater). The penalty can go up to a $500 maximum.
2. Late Payment Penalty: For each month your taxes due are paid after the April 15 deadline, your amount is doubled (your unpaid tax plus interest). The interest rate on your unpaid tax is 3%.
You may qualify for an offer in compromise with your state tax agency and Authority General for a claim less than your taxes owed (not including penalties or interest) if you have at least one of these situations:
3. IRS Penalties:
- Economic hardship (including innocent spouse)
- Doubt of Collectibility
- Substantial probability that the claim (if collected) would be sent back to you as a refund under the respective agencies' statutes, rules, or regulations (only in limited instances)
Calculate and Estimate your potential IRS Income Tax Return Penalties
Ohio Tax Return Mailing Addresses
Find various Ohio Mailing Addresses
for tax returns, tax amendments, and tax payments.
Ohio Unemployment Benefits
Ohio taxes unemployment income on the state level.
Start Federal and Ohio Tax Returns
E-File These Ohio State Tax Forms
Prepare and e-file these state forms for current tax year with your federal and state income tax return. As you answer several tax questions on eFile.com, the app will select the correct state forms for you. You can also select tax forms individually. All these forms will then be e-filed by you to the state tax agency. Instructions on how to only prepare a state income tax return.
IT 1040ES - Ohio Individual Estimated Income Tax Vouchers
IT 1040X - Ohio Amended Individual Income Tax Return
IT 4 - Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
IT NRC - Ohio Oh State Tax Nonresident Credit Calculation
Schedule A, Line 35 - Ohio Unreimbursed Healthcare Expenses Worksheet
Schedule of Credits, Line 3 - Ohio State Tax Lump Sum Credit Worksheet
IT 10 - Ohio Oh State Tax Information Notice
IT 1040 - Ohio Individual Income Tax Return
IT 40P - Ohio Income Tax Payment Voucher
IT BUS - Ohio Business Income Schedule
SD 100 - School District Income Tax Return
SD 100ES - Ohio School District Estimated Income Tax Vouchers
* Due to IRS and State Tax Agency tax data sharing and validation requirements, you can only e-file a State Income Tax Return with a Federal Income Tax Return. This is not an eFile.com policy; all online tax websites must adhere to this IRS/state-issued tax data-sharing policy. You can, however, prepare all 44 State Income Tax Returns on eFile.com if you have already e-Filed or filed your IRS return. Instructions on ONLY preparing and filing State Income Tax Return(s). Only on eFile.com can you prepare, file or e-file unlimited State Tax Returns for one low price and not pay for each State return like you would do on H&R Block® vs. TurboTax®. Dare to Compare Now.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.