Vermont Income Taxes
"The Green Mountain State"
Prepare and e-File your current Vermont State Tax return - resident, nonresident, or part-year resident returns - with your IRS return via eFile.com.
- State return only regulations*): Per IRS and Vermont state tax agency regulation - not eFile.com - you can NOT just prepare and e-File a state return (with the exception of California) without also eFiling the IRS return on the same platform. If you have filed your federal return already, you can prepare an Vermont state return on eFile.com and then download, print, and sign the return before you mail it in. Instructions on ONLY preparing and not e-Filing Vermont and/or other state tax returns.
Vermont State Income Tax Rate: 8.75%
Prepare only a VT State Return without an IRS return. Details
Where is Your IRS Refund?
Vermont Income Tax Extension
Vermont Income Tax Amendment
Vermont IRS Late Filing, Tax Payment Penalties
1. Late Filing Penalty: This penalty is 5% per month you file your return after the tax return deadline.
2. Late Payment Penalty:This penalty is 1% per month you pay your taxes owed after the tax return deadline.
3. IRS Penalties: Calculate and Estimate your potential IRS Income Tax Return Penalties.
Vermont Income Tax Brackets
Vermont Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment income is taxed in Vermont. Your employer withholds state unemployment taxes from the first $15,600 of wages during a calendar year.
Start Federal and Vermont Tax Returns
E-File These Current Vermont State Tax Forms
Prepare and eFile these state forms for current tax year in conjunction with your federal and state income tax return. As you proceed through the tax interview on eFile.com, the application will select the correct state forms for you. You can also select tax forms individually. All these forms will then be e-filed by you to the state tax agency. Instructions on how to only prepare a state income tax return.
176 - Vermont Statement of Claimant to Refund Due on Behalf of Deceased Taxpayer
IN-114 - Vermont Estimated Tax Payment Voucher
LC-142 - Vermont State Landlord Certificate
W-4VT - Vermont Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate
HS-122 - Vermont Homestead Declaration And Property Tax Credit Claim
IN-111 - Vermont Individual Income State Tax Form
IN-116 - Vermont Income Tax Payment Voucher
IN-151 - Vermont Application for Extension of Time to File
IN-152 - Underpayment of 2020 Estimated Individual Income Tax
PR-141 - Vermont Renter Rebate Claim
Schedule IN-112 - Vermont Tax Adjustments and Credits
Schedule IN-113 - Vermont Income Adjustment Calculations
Schedule IN-117 - Vermont Credit for Income Tax Paid to Other State or Canadian Province
Schedule IN-119 - Vermont Tax Adjustments and Nonrefundable Credits
* Due to IRS and State Tax Agency tax data sharing and validation requirements, you can only e-file a State Income Tax Return while also e-filing a Federal Income Tax Return. This is not an eFile.com created policy, but all online tax web sites have to adhere to this IRS/state issued tax data sharing policy. You can however prepare all 44 State Income Tax Returns on eFile.com if you have already e-Filed or filed your IRS return. Instructions on how you can ONLY prepare and file State Income Tax Return(s). Only on eFile.com can you prepare, file or e-file unlimited State Tax Returns for one low price and not pay for each State return like you would do on H&R Block® vs. TurboTax®. Dare to Compare Now.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.