New Mexico Income Taxes and NM State Tax Forms
"Land of Enchantment"
Prepare and e-File your current New Mexico State Tax return - resident, nonresident, or part-year resident returns - with your IRS return via eFile.com.
- State return only regulations*): Per IRS and New Mexico state tax agency regulation - not eFile.com - you can NOT just prepare and e-File a state return (with the exception of California) without also eFiling the IRS return on the same platform. If you have filed your federal return already, you can prepare a New Mexico state return on eFile.com and then download, print, and sign the return before you mail it in. Instructions on ONLY preparing and not e-Filing New Mexico and/or other state tax returns.
New Mexico State Income Tax Rate: 5.9%
Prepare only a NM State Return without an IRS return. Details
Where Is Your New Mexico Tax Refund Money?
Where is Your IRS Refund?
New Mexico Income Tax Extension
New Mexico Income Tax Amendment
New Mexico IRS Late Filing, Tax Payment Penalties
1. Late Filing Penalty: The failure-to-file penalty is 2% per month or partial month that the total taxes owed are not paid. The maximum is 20% of your total unpaid taxes due.
2. Late Payment Penalty: The failure-to-pay penalty is the same as the failure-to-file penalty.
3. IRS Penalties: Calculate and Estimate your potential IRS Income Tax Return Penalties.
New Mexico Income Tax Brackets
New Mexico Income Tax Forms
New Mexico Income Tax Code
New Mexico Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment benefits is fully taxed in New Mexico.
New Mexico Marriage Penalty
Start Federal and New Mexico Tax Returns
E-File These New Mexico State Tax Forms
Prepare and e-file these state forms for current tax year in conjunction with your federal and state income tax return. As you proceed through the tax interview on eFile.com, the application will select the correct state forms for you. You can also select tax forms individually. All these forms will then be e-filed by you to the state tax agency. Instructions on how to only prepare a state income tax return.
PIT-110 - Adjustments To New Mexico Income
PIT-5 - New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department Qualified Facility Rehabilitation Credit
PIT-CG - New Mexico Caregiver Statement
PIT-ES - Personal Income Estimated Tax Payment Voucher
PIT-PV - Personal Income Tax Payment Voucher
PIT-1 - New Mexico Personal Income Tax Return
PIT-ADJ - New Mexico Schedule Of Additions, Deductions, And Exemptions
PIT-B - New Mexico Allocation And Apportionment Of Income Schedule
PIT-CR - New Mexico Business-Related Income Tax Credit Schedule
PIT-D - New Mexico Voluntary Contributions Schedule
PIT-EXT - New Mexico Personal Income Tax Extension Payment Voucher
PIT-RC - New Mexico Rebate And Credit Schedule
PIT-X - New Mexico Personal Income Tax Amended Return
* Due to IRS and State Tax Agency tax data sharing and validation requirements, you can only e-file a State Income Tax Return while also e-filing a Federal Income Tax Return. This is not an eFile.com created policy, but all online tax web sites have to adhere to this IRS/state issued tax data sharing policy. You can however prepare all 44 State Income Tax Returns on eFile.com if you have already e-Filed or filed your IRS return. Instructions on how you can ONLY prepare and file State Income Tax Return(s). Only on eFile.com can you prepare, file or e-file unlimited State Tax Returns for one low price and not pay for each State return like you would do on H&R Block® vs. TurboTax®. Dare to Compare Now.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.