IRS Tax Return Rejection Code IND-524

Problem: The IRS rejected your Federal Tax Return - not - because the date of birth you entered for yourself, spouse or dependent does not match what the IRS has in their records.

Solution: Let us help you turn this rejection into an IRS acceptance. Sign into your account:, click Name and Address on the left side menu of your account screen, and check your date of birth and/or spouse's date of birth if needed. Correct any dates of birth and save your changes. If you need to correct your dependent's date of birth, go to your Child or Dependent screen for that dependent, correct the date of birth there, and save your changes. Click File on the left side of your account screen and follow all the on-screen prompts to re-efile your return(s) at no extra charge. However, if you entered the information correctly, please PRINT your return from your account, sign it, and MAIL it to the IRS. Find the right address to use at You may need to print, sign, and mail your State Tax Return to the State Tax Agency. After that, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and discuss your tax return in more detail since they may need to correct their records. Contact us with questions:




If Your Return is not Free, get a 20% Discount with Promo Code: COVID-19     Stay Safe!     COVID-19 Updates