How to enter the IP-PIN For A Dependent - IND-996
Did the IRS reject your return due to a miss-matching IP-PIN, or do you just need to find out how to enter this IP-PIN on your eFile.com tax return?
- If you already have an IP-PIN for your DEPENDENT(s), follow these instructions on how to enter an IP-PIN for a DEPENDENT.
- If you need a new or replacement IP-PIN, then get the IP-PIN and follow these instructions on how to enter the IP-PIN for the Dependent.
- If your personal or spouse's IP-PIN gets rejected, you can also get a new IP-PIN. Then enter the IP-PIN during the checkout and e-Filing process.
Dependent IP-PIN Solution: Sign in to eFile.com and then click on Federal Taxes on the left.
- Click on Dependents below, and on the right, click on the dependent(s) name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form and select this link: I'd like to see the advanced options for this dependent.
- Select This dependent has an Identity Protection PIN.
- Enter the IP-PIN in the field; see the screenshot below for further details.
See more resources on the IRS IP-PIN:
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.