What to Do With 1099-PATR

Form 1099-PATR, Taxable Distributions Received from Cooperatives, is a lesser-known IRS form. You may have received one if were paid distributions or patronage dividends from a cooperative which is to be part of your taxable income. You can add this to your eFile account to generate the needed forms and add it to your taxable income.

This form is often associated with farms but may be for your business - refer to the steps below to add this form.

1. Sign in to eFile.com
Sign in to eFile.com or sign up here, then enter all your personal identifying information.
2. Where Do I Enter Data?
eFile will guide you through entering all types of income. If your 1099-PATR is for your business, you can add this under the Business section under income. If it is for farming, you can add it when asked about farming income.
3. How to Manually Add Data
To manually add your form, navigate to Federal Taxes > Review > I'd like to see the forms I've filled out or search for a form and enter the following depending on the type of income:
Enter "Schedule C" to add this as business income.
Enter "Schedule F" to add this as farming income.
4. Box Descriptions
There are many boxes on the form, but below are the most common that will be filled in.
1: Patronage dividends
2: Nonpatronage distributions
4: Federal income tax withheld.
5. How to Add, Delete a Form or Page