Employer-Provided Health Insurance Form 1095-C
As stated above, there is no longer an individual mandate and you will not pay a penalty if you did not have health insurance in 2020. If you had health insurance and it was reported to you on a Form 1095-C, you do not need to file this form.
If you received health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace (also known as an Exchange), your coverage will be reported on a 1095-A and you will need to file Form 1095-A with your 2020 Tax return. You will also need to report your health insurance if you were enrolled through the Marketplace and advance payments of the Premium Tax Credit were made to your insurance company to reduce your monthly premium payment. If you need to report your healthcare information on your return for this reason, you can easily do this on eFile.com. When you start a free tax return on eFile.com, we will automatically report the required information regarding your health insurance and the Premium Tax Credit on the correct tax forms.
At eFile.com, we cover all the healthcare tax forms on the following pages:
- Form 1095-A-Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
- Form 1095-B-Health Coverage
- Form 1095-C-Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage (this page)
- Form 8962-Premium Tax Credit
- Form 8965-Health Coverage Exemptions
Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, reports whether your employer offered you health insurance coverage and information about what coverage was offered to you. This form is for your information only and is not included in your tax return. You will only need to enter healthcare information if you were insured through the Marketplace and need to file Form 1095-A.
A healthcare provider can be one of the following:
- an insurance company not in the Marketplace
- a government agency such as Medicare and Medicaid
- an employer who provides self-insured coverage (this is a health insurance plan offered by or on behalf of an employer to an employee)
More Information on Health Insurance and Taxes
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.