Where is My Refund?   |   Why eFile?

IRS Tax Return Rejection Code IND-674-01

Problem: The IRS rejected your Federal Tax Return - not eFile.com - because you are under the age of 16 and/or have never filed a tax return.

Solution: Since the IRS is not allowing your return to be electronically filed, please sign into your eFile.com account: https://mytaxes.efile.com/1040/SignIn/, click Name and Address on the left side menu of your account, and verify the date of birth entered. Make any corrections and save them, then click File on the left side of your account screen and follow all the on-screen prompts to re-efile your return at no extra charge. However, if the date of birth is correct, you must PRINT your return from your account, sign it, and MAIL it to the IRS because the IRS does not allow returns from taxpayers under the age of 16 to be efiled if this is their first returns. The IRS will allow you to efile your return next year. Find the right address to use at https://www.efile.com/where-to-mail-tax-return-form-irs-mailing-address-for-refund/. You may need to print, sign, and mail your State Tax Return to the State Tax Agency. After that, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and discuss your tax return in more detail since they may need to correct their records. Contact us with questions: https://www.efile.com/tax-service/contact/efile-contact/