IRS Tax Return Rejection Code IND-511-01

Problem: The IRS—not—has rejected your return because primary Social Security Number (SSN) can not be the same as the spouse SSN on another IRS return for the same tax year with the filing status Married Filing Separately.

Solution: Let us help you turn this into an IRS acceptance. Sign into your account and click "Name and Address" on the left side menu. Check the filing status on top of the page on your right. Make any changes needed and save the changes, click "Continue," and follow the screen instruction to re-efile your federal and state returns for free. You can do this as many times as it takes to get accepted.

However, if you are certain you entered your SSN and/or TIN correctly, but you keep getting rejected anyway, PRINT your return(s)—IRS and State(s)—and MAIL it in on time. See printing and mailing instructions plus addresses based on your resident state.

Contact us with further questions or assistance at