IRS Tax Return Rejection Code IND-165-01

Problem: The IRS—not—rejected your Federal Income Tax Return because you must add Form 8862 to claim the Child Tax Credit or other dependent/additional child tax credit since you were not allowed to claim the credit in a previous Tax Year.

Solution: Sign into your account, click on My Return, and follow the instructions to correct it. Re-eFile your federal and state returns at no additional charge.

You can manually add the form under Federal Taxes, click Review, search for 8862 and add the Information to Claim Refundable Credits After Disallowance form.

Contact us here for further help.