Where is My Refund?   |   Why eFile?

IRS Tax Return Rejection Code IND-046-01

Problem: The IRS - not eFile.com - rejected your Federal Income Tax Return because you must add Form 8862 to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit since you were not allowed to claim the credit in a previous Tax Year.

Solution: Sign into your eFile.com account at https://mytaxes.efile.com/1040/SignIn/, click the "I'd like to see all federal forms" link, click the Child or Other Dependent screen, click the link to see all your forms you've completed, click the "Add form" button next to the Information To Claim Refundable Credits After Disallowance result, complete the screen, and click the green "Save" button at the bottom to save your changes. In the event that you cannor or do not want to re-efile your return, please PRINT your return from your account, sign it, and MAIL it to the IRS. Find the right address to use at https://www.efile.com/where-to-mail-tax-return-form-irs-mailing-address-for-refund/.  You may need to print, sign, and mail your State Tax Return to the State Tax Agency. Then, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and discuss your tax return in more detail. Contact us with questions: https://www.efile.com/tax-service/contact/efile-contact/