Where is My Refund?   |   Why eFile?

IRS Tax Return Rejection Code FW2-505-01

Problem: The IRS has rejected your Federal Tax Return - not eFile.com - because your EIN or Employer Identification Number on one of your W-2s is issued after the tax year.

Solution: Contact your employer and ask for the correct EIN for the current tax year you are filing.

Sign into your eFile.com account: https://mytaxes.efile.com/1040/SignIn/, click on Federal Taxes and Income and update the EIN for the W-2 in question and continue with your re-eFile process. You can re-eFile your return at no additional charge as often as needed.

Contact us with questions: https://www.efile.com/tax-service/contact/efile-contact/