IRS Tax Return Rejection Code F2441-526

Problem: The IRS—not—has rejected your return because one of your dependents has already been claimed for the Child Care Tax Credit on another IRS tax return that has been filed with the IRS. If applicable, this might also apply to your state tax return.

Solution: Let us help you turn this into an IRS acceptance.

Sign into your account and click on Federal Taxes and Dependents on the left side menu. Make sure the information you entered is correct.

Save the changes, click Continue, and follow the screen instruction to re-efile your federal and state returns for free.

If you think you qualify to claim the Child Care Credit for the dependent, please check here:

You can do this as often as it takes to get accepted. However, if you are certain you have entered all of the dependent information correctly, and you think only you are entitled to claim this credit, go to MY Account in the upper right and PRINT your return(s)—IRS and State(s)—and MAIL it in on time. After that, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and/or State and discuss your tax return in more detail. If the IRS does not accept your return because a return under your Social Security Number (SSN) has been accepted by the IRS, ask yourself if you have already filed elsewhere. If you have data security concerns, please visit:

Contact us with further questions or assistance at