Form 3903 - Moving Expenses

Form 3903, Moving Expenses, is used for figuring the moving expense deduction for a move related to the start of work at a new principal place of work. This form is used by U.S. citizens or resident aliens who move due to a job-related reason and have expenses that are considered reasonable and necessary for the move. However, due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, the moving expense deduction is only available for active-duty members of the U.S. military who move due to a military order and permanent change of station. The form is used to report the unreimbursed moving expenses on Schedule 1 of Form 1040.