Form AR1000NR- Arkansas Individual Part Year Income Tax Return

Form AR1000NR is an Arkansas tax return for individuals who were nonresidents or part-year residents of the state during the tax year. For uninitiated, nonresidents are those who lived in Arkansas for less than six months, while part-year residents lived there for some time but not the entire year.

Who Should File Form AR1000NR?

  • You must file Form AR1000NR if you received any income from Arkansas sources, regardless of your marital status, filing status, or the amount of income.
  • This applies even if you didn't work in Arkansas but received income from investments, rentals, or other sources located there.

What Information Do I Need to File Form AR1000NR?

A. Federal Tax Return: You will need a copy of your federal tax return (Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ) and Schedule 8843.

B. Income from Arkansas Sources: Document all income you earned while living in or derived from Arkansas sources during the part-year you resided there. This includes wages, salaries, tips, interest, dividends, rents, royalties, and any other taxable income.

C. Proof of Residency Dates: Provide documentation to substantiate the dates you lived in Arkansas during the tax year. This could be lease agreements, utility bills, voter registration, or other documents.

Where to File Form AR1000NR?

Electronically: Arkansas accepts e-filing for Form AR1000NR, but only in conjunction with your federal return.

By Mail: Mail your completed Form AR1000NR along with any required attachments to the appropriate address based on whether you owe tax or are expecting a refund.