The IRS closes the official e-Filing tax season on or around October 15 and you can no longer prepare and e-file 2020 Returns anywhere.
Important: Prepare and e-file your 2021 Taxes by October 15, 2022 so you do not have to worry about filling out and mailing paper forms.
If a taxpayer started to prepare a return on eFile.com, but did not complete or e-File the tax return by this date, follow these instructions.
- Sign in to your eFile.com account. Then click on My Account in the upper right.
- There you will see a list of PDF files sorted by tax year.
- Click on the PDF file for the tax year in question.
- Here is a list of IRS Tax Forms by Tax Year. You can also search for tax forms and publications here: Find a specific form or publication.
- Most of the tax forms will load into an online PDF editor. There you can complete, sign, and download your completed tax forms. Use your partially completed 2020 Return from your eFile.com account as a reference.
- Use these resources for 2020 Returns - forms, calculators, etc.
- Here is a list of IRS Tax Calculators and Tools by Tax year.
- If you owe IRS Taxes, pay them online or find other ways to pay IRS Taxes.
- IRS Mailing addresses based on your resident state.
State related instructions, links:
- If you prepared one or more state returns on eFile.com, click on the PDF file for the tax year in question - see above.
- Find State Tax Forms by State here.
- Pay State Taxes online directly with a state tax department, agency, etc.
- State Mailing addresses are listed by state. Click on a state and scroll to the bottom of the page.