Deleted eFile.com Account
What does and does not get deleted after an eFile.com account is deleted?
Here is a detailed overview on what gets deleted after you have voluntarily deleted your account on eFile.com and what does not get deleted:
- If you e-Filed a tax return with the IRS/State and that return got accepted, that IRS and/or State tax return will NOT be deleted after you have deleted your eFile.com account. If the IRS and/or State rejected your tax return(s), you can no longer correct and re-efile this return at no charge on eFile.com after you have deleted your eFile.com account. You can create a new account on eFile.com and re-efile again in the case of a tax return rejection.
- If you need to change an eFile.com e-Filed and IRS/State accepted tax return, you can do this by preparing and filing a tax amendment. However, you will no longer be able to do this from your eFile.com deleted account.
- If you paid for an IRS/State tax return on eFile.com, the fees you paid will not automatically be deleted with the deletion of your account. The fees you paid on eFile.com are for the tax return preparation and e-Filing with the IRS/State is included in that fee. Please review the eFile.com tax preparation fee refund policy here: https://www.efile.com/efile-tax-service-promise/#refund
- You can no longer sign into a deleted eFile.com account.
- After you have deleted an eFile.com prepared IRS/State tax return and you wish to create a new efile.com account and/or tax return, please let us know so we can apply previously paid fees of one or more deleted accounts to your new account.
- We can also credit your paid fees associated with a deleted account to future year tax returns prepared on eFile.com.
During the eFile.com account delete process, you agreed to the following:
In order to successfully delete an eFile.com account, you must enter the email address associated with your account as show below.
Check the tax refund status of an e-filed and IRS/state accepted tax return after you have deleted your eFile.com account.
Contact us if you have questions about a deleted account.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.