Report 1099 Income, Search for Forms
How to enter any of the 1099 Forms on eFile.com for my tax return? I have 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC with an amount in Box 7 (Non-employee compensation), what do I do with this?
Form 1099: See the different types of 1099 Forms. When you receive certain types of income, such as self-employment or retirement, you generally will receive a related 1099 form. Below, find the 1099 forms you can enter via eFile.com:
- 1099-B - Stock Transactions and Sale of Assets
- 1099-C - Debt Cancellation
- 1099-DIV - Dividend Income
- 1099-G - Unemployment, Tax Refunds and Other Government Payments
- 1099-INT - Interest Earned
- 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income
- 1099-NEC - Non-employee Compensation or Income
- 1099-OID - Interest Income - Schedule B
- PATR - Form 1099 Patronage
- 1099-R - Pensions and Retirement Plan Withdrawals
- 1099-RRB - Railroad Retirement Benefits
- 1099-SSA - Social Security
- 4852-Substitute for Form W-2/1099-R
- 8889 - Health Savings Accounts (complete form using 1099-SA info).
These forms themselves are not e-filed, but you use the information from them to generate the proper forms which are then filed with your return.
Related: How to enter business or self-employment income via Form 1099-NEC.
The easiest way to report your 1099 and other income is by following the tax interview. This will take you through all the sections to assure you do not miss anything. Alternatively, follow the steps below to enter the forms manually.
Tip: click on the links in the numbered items below to view screenshots.
- Select "Review" on the left menu below the "Federal Taxes" heading.
- Select the link "I'd like to see all federal forms or search for a form".
- Scroll to the "Search for federal forms" and enter "1099" in the box.
- View the list of 1099 forms or search box and click the "+ Add form" button next to the form name you have.
See screenshot instructions on how to find or manually add forms on eFile.com.
TurboTax® is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
H&R Block® is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc.