Correct Pay Period Tax Withholding Amount on W-4

Ways to increase or decrease your Pay Period IRS or Federal Tax Withholding Amount.
Article, Solution:

You have multiple options to increase or decrease your Federal Tax Withholding amount. Here is how you can find this out.

We at understand the confusion of the Form W-4; that is why we have created four easy W-4 creator tools for free. Use our free W-4 tools to prepare and generate a W-4 to give to your employer:

Start My W-4 Now

If you wish to prepare the W-4 manually, go to this paycheck calculator and also open the latest W-4 Form.

As you go through the paycheck calculator enter the information as you plan it to be or how it actually is. At the end you will see the tax withholding amount based on your selected pay period. Watch the video on this page about Tax Return planning and tax withholding.

At the end of the tool, you will get a list of recommendations on how to adjust your W-4 entries to either increase or decrease your pay period tax withholding amount. Make the recommended changes and keep monitoring the results. You can keep submitting W-4s to your for each new pay period if you wish.

Keep in mind that the W-4 form is a planning tool and you can use values there that meets your expectations. Unlike a tax return, you must report the facts.

Consider preparing and e-Filing your taxes on We want you to keep more of your hard earned money. Start with the Free Federal Edition. For more complicated returns use TaxPromo Code: get25Fast during checkout for a 25% discount. 

If you eFile your taxes on, we are able to assist you better on this and your taxes via your personal support page. Contact me here if you have more questions.

Don't be Penny Wise but Tax Foolish with your next tax return. Do IT at - IT = Incomes Taxes.