Free Tax Preparation and eFiling: eFile Federal Edition
Start Your Tax Return and Efile.com Will Help You Through Simple Tax Questions (No Complicated Tax Publications To Read).
Efile.com Will Pick the Legally Correct Tax Return Form For You Based on Your Answers. If You Qualify For the 1040-EZ Form,
Get The Free 3-ZEROs When Preparing and E-filing Your 2017 Taxes
$0 (1040EZ) + $0 (State) + $0 (e-filing) = $0.00
Your Federal Tax Return and Any Number of State Tax Returns Will Be Free!
Start Your Free Return Now
If You Need to File Form 1040-A or 1040, efile.com Will Select the Next Least Expensive and Legally Correct Tax Return Form For Your Situation.
Not Sure If You Need To File Form 1040-EZ? Try Our Free FORMucator Tax Form Selector Tool!
You qualify for the Free 3-Zeros (eFile Federal Edition) if:
- Your filing status is either: single or married filing jointly.
- Your total taxable income is below $100,000.
- Your income only comes from: wages, salaries, unemployment, tips, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, taxable interest of $1,500 or less, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends.
- You do not claim any dependents.
- You do not itemize deductions.
- You do not claim any additional standard deductions (e.g. property tax or new car tax).
- You do not claim tax credits other than the Earned Income Credit and Making Work Pay Credit.
- You have not received any Advance Earned Income Credit payments.
- If married filing jointly, both you and your spouse are under 65 and not blind.
- You do not owe any Household Employment taxes (on wages paid to a household employee).
- You are not involved as a debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
eFile Federal Edition - Free File tax services include:
- Simple Federal Tax Income Return (1040EZ).
- Enter Multiple W-2s from various jobs.
- Selects the right tax forms for you.
- Checks for errors during the tax interview and brings up tax audit alerts.
- Prepare, efile, and print your tax return.
- Fast, free direct bank deposit of tax refund.
- Get your tax refund via check in the mail.
- You can start your eFile tax return, stop at anytime, and return to finish later. eFile will remember where you left off and the next time you sign in, you can continue from your last stopping point.
- Access many help features and get fast online support.
- During eFile Federal Edition you can automatically upgrade to the eFile Premium version.
- There are no hidden fees.
Estimate Your Tax Return with Our FREE 2017 Tax Calculator
Start Using Our Free 2017 Tax Calculator
If you are not sure if you qualify for eFile Free Federal Edition, start your tax return using eFile Federal Edition and make sure you answer all the simple questions. During the eFile tax preparation interview and based on your tax answers you will get a notice with a recommendation to upgrade to the eFile Premium Edition.
Free Multiple State Tax Returns
The Free Federal Edition online tax service includes free multiple State Tax Returns. This means that you can prepare and efile as many State Tax Returns as you need to for free. There is no separate fee for each state return.
No Credit Card Needed - Deduct Fee From Refund (DFFR) with e-Collect
In the event that you do not qualify for the Free Federal Edition, you can deduct any fees on efile.com from your anticipated tax refund. Thus, you will not need a credit card. During checkout, simply select the e-Collect - Deduct Fee from Refund or DFFR option. You will need a bank account and select the direct bank deposit option.
How Does e-Collect or Deduct Fee from Refund Work?
If you choose to have your tax preparation fee deducted from your tax refund, your refund will be transferred from the IRS to our partner bank Bancorp. The funds will then be transferred through our e-Collect partner EPS Financial to your bank account. Thus, you will receive your refund from EPS Financial. The processing fee to deduct your tax preparation fee and to complete the bank transfer is only $24.95 (other major companies charge up to $ 34.99). This fee will be deducted from your tax refund, along with your efile.com tax return preparation charges. The e-Collect processing fee of $24.95 is charged by our e-Collect partner EPS Financial, not by efile.com. You benefit from using e-Collect by not having to pay your tax preparation fee up front with your Credit Card.
If you used e-Collect for your tax refund management, you can check your tax refund status with EPS Financial using this link: Check your e-collect Tax Refund Status. Be prepared to provide your Social Security Number, zip code, and the answer to the security question you chose while registering for e-Collect (see the sample screen above) .
Is Free File Really FREE? More details about FREE tax returns.
eFile Stop n' Go:
This feature of the efile tax service allows you to start an online tax return for free. At any time you can Stop n' Go: stop and save your information, then go watch a movie or run errands and come back later. After you have signed back in, eFile will remember where you left off and you can continue from there.
The preferred tax payer choice: eFile Premium Edition (for every tax return situation from home mortgage payers to business owners).
Preparing and Filing State Returns
For your convenience, and to reduce errors, we recommend you efile your state tax return when you efile your federal income tax return online. However, if you have already filed your federal return elsewhere, you can efile only your state return on efile.com.