Previous Year or old AGI - Adjusted Gross Income
IMPORTANT: The information below is for efiling 2013 tax returns only. The IRS is NOT open for filing 2013 returns yet. Do NOT use this information to file a tax return for a previous Tax Year.
When you efile your 2013 Tax Return, you will need to provide one of the following: your 2012 AGI, your 2012 self-select PIN, or a new 2013 Electronic Filing PIN. If you don't have your old AGI, don't worry, just get a PIN instead!
Where Can I Find My Old AGI?
You can find your 2012 AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) on your 2012 Tax Return. Depending on which form you filed, look for your AGI on:
- Line 37 of Form 1040
- Line 21 of Form 1040A
- Line 4 of Form 1040EZ
If you did not submit your tax return on efile.com, please see the link below or call the IRS Telephone Assistance line at 1-800-829-1040. The IRS can tell you last year's AGI over the phone, once they have verified your identity.
Find out how to get a copy of your latest Federal Tax Return here.
For a copy of your State Tax Return please contact your State Tax Agency.
Don't Have Your 2012 AGI? Get a New 2013 PIN Instead!
If you do not have access to your 2012 AGI (Adjusted Gross Income), the IRS has a web page where you can get a new 2013 IRS Efile Authorization Code/Electronic Filing PIN that will allow you to efile your tax return on efile.com without having to provide your 2012 AGI.
We recommend that you get this new PIN code because, if you do, you will not need the AGI from your 2012 Tax Return. It is quick and easy to do online: Get your Efile Authorization Code/Electronic Filing PIN here.
In order to get this new 2013 Electronic Filing PIN, all you need to provide is your name, SSN, 2012 filing status, date of birth, and mailing address.
Learn how to use your new Electronic Filing PIN instead of your old AGI.
Instructions on How to Correctly Enter Your 2012 AGI on efile.com
First, please sign in to your tax return: http://www.efile.com/tax-return-signin/
- After you sign in, please click the "Results" link located on the left menu.
- On the next screen, you will see your refund/balance due amount. Click "Continue".
- Your return will build. When it is finished, click "Continue". (Click the "View Return" button if you want to view/print your forms).
- The next screen is the "Efile Selection" screen. Make sure there is a green check mark beside the form(s) you want to efile. Click "Continue".
- You can efile many times without extra charge. Simply correct your AGI and efile or re-submit your tax return again. Click "Continue".
- On the next screen select if you want to have your refund mailed or deposited. Click "Continue".
- You will come to a screen where you will be asked if you filed a tax return last year.
- If "No", then you will be directed to a screen where you can select a five digit PIN of your own.
- If "Yes", you will be directed to a screen labeled "To E-file, You Must Identify Yourself to the IRS". Click the "Enter my AGI from last year's return instead" link and enter your AGI in the box next to the "Enter last year's AGI" phrase. If you filed jointly, enter the same AGI for you and your spouse. Click "Continue".
- The next screen will ask you to create a PIN to sign your return, and you can use this PIN next year to efile your return. This can be any five numbers you choose except "00000".
- Click "Continue" and your return will build. On the next screen enter the security code shown on the screen and click the "E-file" button to send your return.
- You will receive an email confirming that your return has been filed. You should hear back from the IRS in 24 - 48 hours concerning the status of your return. If you did not receive an email, make sure you do not have a spam filter blocking it.